Join us for a 90-minute evening cruise aboard our luxury catamaran through the beautiful Dana Point Harbor.
Whale and Dolphin Watching Adventure Tour
Please note that Tuesday trips generally sell out, so for a less crowded boat please book a full-priced ticket for a different day of the week.
- 2 hours of nature sightseeing
- Toddler Ages 2 and under
A Dolphin & Whale Watching Adventure like no other!
Known as a landmark for marine life sightings, Dana Wharf’s Whale and Dolphin Watching Adventure Tours offer rare glimpses into a huge variety of underwater wildlife and gorgeous scenic views you’ll never forget.
Seasonally, we see over 1,500 gray whales, and in the summer we see blue whales. Year-round we see fin whales, Minke whales, humpback whales, and even sharks. Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often! Whale watching season is year-round, marine mammal sightings are guaranteed, meaning that if you do not see a whale OR a dolphin, we’ll give you a voucher for a free trip that never expires!
All of our Orange County whale watching cruises are narrated by our expert marine naturalist captains who educate you on the abundant ocean life on our coast. Trips are all two hours long, offering plenty of time to discover the world that lies beneath!
GUARANTEED MARINE MAMMAL SIGHTINGS – If you don’t see a good showing of marine mammals (whale or dolphins), get a free Marine Mammal Rain Check to come back for another trip!
What To Expect
Every trip is a new experience, so be sure to come out often! See marine life such as:
- Gray whales (November – May) – These friendly whales are up to 65 ft. long!
- Blue whales (May – November) – They can grow up to 100 ft. long and weigh up to 100 tons – you will not believe your eyes if you’re lucky enough to see on of these impressive marine mammals! These whales visit year-round!
- Resident whales – Fin whales, humpback whales, Minke whales, and more
- Dolphins – take memorable photos as schools of playful dolphins frolic around the boat!
- Sea lions, pelican and other seafaring birds – plus possible sightings of sharks (mako, hammerhead, and great white)
Can I book a private charter? Yes, all boats are available for private charters.